Knowledge and Experience:
- FPGA system development with a
mixture of self developed logic, soft processors and other
- 32-bit RISC, DSP and
microcontrollers of many different architectures.
- Analog and digital electronics in
- PCI bridges. Hardware and Software.
- Network Hardware and Software
including Ethernet and high speed interfaces.
- CCD / CMOS camera interface
implemented in FPGA. Real-time graphics / warping [Example
- Video related electronics. Digital
- Development of emulators for
- Sonar and laser related sub-sea
- Interfacing GSM moduls.
- Development of Real-Time Operating
Systems and applications.
- Web Servers providing user
interface for embedded systems.
- Deep TCP/IP knowledge.
Applications based on OpenTCP.
- Linux programming.
- Linux Device Drivers.
- Embedded Linux. Xilinx Zynq
- GSM moduls for data transmission
(TCP/IP and SMS)
- Parallel processing and
- Cryptography with DES and RSA.
- Analog and digital signal
processing including image processing.
- Programming in C, C++, Ada, Java
- Java Applets and Applications.
- The following standards have been
used in development: ISO 9000, AQAP-14.
- Safety Critical Systems for
Aviation, Hardware and Software (Ada). Standard: RTCA/DO-178B
(Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment
Nilsen Elektronikk is developing payment systems and Raspberry interfaces for vending
Development of light and exposure trig units with Power over
Some recent projects:
- Data Respons: Participation in a project with many FPGAs in a large network.
- Algonumeric: Participation in a vision project using Raspberry.
- Norsk Elektro Optikk: Nilsen Elektronikk is developing FPGA with Xilinx
Zynq and Linux support.
- Aker Subsea:
Schematics for a power supply control unit.
- Sensorlink: Development
of a new generation ultrasonic instrument.
- Conax: Development of an
Ethernet interface for 8 Smartcards.
Development of a light and exposure trig unit (Stinger
- Hittite Norway:
Hittite designs and develops high performance ICs, modules,
subsystems and instrumentation. Their A/D converters are
developed in Norway. Nilsen Elektronikk has development FPGA
logic for embedded SPI Flash update, with Java driver for the
- Sensorlink: Updating the
FPGA inside the ultrasonic instrument.
- Jetro: Developing an EPLD
for controlling a Brushless DC Motor.
- Indra (former Park
Air Systems): GBAS, a
Safety Critical GPS-based satellite landing system for
airports. Development of CPU card and FPGA logic. The
FPGA contains a self developed VGA graphics controller with
block-fill and block-move functions.
- Kongsberg Seatex: An
instrument containing many FPGAs, Responsible for electronic
HW, FW and SW.
Seatex: Development of card with CPU and
radio modules for Differential GPS.
- Kongsberg Seatex: Linux
software for serial interfaces (common API with other
- Vinghøg: A Real-time Video
processing system with many FPGAs.
- Kongsberg Seatex:
Software for the Seapos, Differential GPS module with
network interface, web server etc. Software for the DGPS
Demodulator with network and user interface. Both based on
- Xepto: SW updating.
Interfacing a new GSM module to the LOS cargo tracking
- Kongsberg Seatex:
Upgrading RTOS and software for the Seapath.
- Otrum: Development of
the digital part of a Modem with Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP)
interface for the Hotel TV system. OpenTCP is used.
- Xepto: Burgler sensor for dynamite
containers together with necessary test and calibration
- Park Air
Systems: A switch unit
for Park Air Systems' fully-digital GAREX 220 Voice
Communication Control System.
- Tomra: Metal detector and USB
node for Recycling Centre. The card contains a CCD camera.
Tomra offers systems for recovering packaging for reuse
- Cargoscan: Production test
- Tordivel / Cargoscan: Low cost PCI card Frame
Grabber for Line camera. A FPGA implements PCI bridge,
soft processor, 40 Mpix/sec camera interfaces and DSP
functions. Dedicated logic provides real-time image
- Tordivel / Cargoscan: Stepper motor
controller and light control system for vision purposes.
- Park Air
Systems: Park Air
Systems' fully-digital GAREX 220 Voice Communication
Control System represents the state of the art within Air
Traffic Control voice switching systems. Task: Development
of two different Line Cards containing DSP, FPGA and
Codecs. The equipment is safety critical.
Plugged into the Scart connector, the "Crabat" Mobile
Picture Viewer enables users of Bluetooth and MMS
compatible Mobile Phones to instantly explore images and
sound on any TV set. Contribution: Video processing
HW and SW.
- Otrum: Linux Device
Driver for a dual Composite Video PCI card. (The card
is a recent project.)
- Otrum: VCR Controller
with Ethernet Interface. A simple and inexpensive widget
with UDP support.
- Park Air Systems: NM8000, a Safety Critical GPS-based
Satellite Landing System. Development of about 7 of the
cards inside including SW drivers in Ada.
- Otrum: PCI-card with
TV-tuner used to read teletext from all TV-channels for
the Hotel TV system.
- Eltek Energy: Norwegian company developing, manufacturing and
selling power supplies. Contribution: SW development.
Applications and OS.
Development of the digital part of a PCI Modem for the
Hotel TV system. Intel i960VH is used.
Development of a menu image distributing system for the
hotel-TV system. Images are read from the host PC memory
and routed by a digital network to graphics cards. See
Development of a Digital video encoder/decoder using line
rotation for scrambling. Scrambling information is carried
in the video signal. A DES-like cryptography method using
64-bits keys is used.
- Telecast: Contribution in the
development of a digital audio mixer for broadcast. Task:
Parallel processing and distributed systems.
- Tandberg Television ASA: Real-time software development to
control an array of video encoders.
Innovation: Development of a Reader/Writer for
Magnetic Cards with TCP/IP and RS232 interface.